Events and programs in the Episcopal Diocese of Kansas are designed for youth to experience opportunities in Evangelism, Spiritual Formation, Christian Leadership, Mission, Fellowship, Scripture and the Episcopal Church.
Youth events in the Episcopal Diocese of Kansas strive to provide:
- a safe, loving, and wholesome atmosphere for young people
- a program which helps young people become formed in their faith
- a variety of worship experiences that help young people connect with God and one another
- teaching about the Anglican expression of Christianity
- a means for young people to develop their individual prayer and spiritual life
- assistance for young people in developing values, ethical norms, and a sense of Christian community
- interaction with adults who authentically model the Christian faith
- activities (games, sports, waterfront activities, crafts, etc.) which involve fun and the building of sense of worth
The not-to-be-missed youth event of the year!
EYE: Episcopal Youth Event
A triennial event involving youth from the entirety of the Episcopal Church.
Fall Fun Fest
An opportunity for youth to invite someone new to experience the fun of diocesan youth events and learn a little bit about faith.
General Convention of the Episcopal Church
The triennial meeting of all the diocese in the Episcopal Church to make decisions and set policy. Our group goes to observe and provide testimony if we feel so called.
Grades 9-12 and college students
Girls Only Weekend
A time for girls to talk about body image, our identity in christ, friends & peer pressure, and women in the church. (offered in odd years)
Guys Only Weekend
Coming soon! (offered in even years)
Happening: A Christian Experience
A spiritual retreat for high school students, this event also provides leadership opportunities to youth, experience in ministry and sharing their faith.
MIQRA (meek-rah): A public reading of scripture
An urban mission experience working with Episcopal Social Services in Wichita.
New Beginnings: Love God, Love Others
A spiritual retreat for junior high students, this event also provides leadership opportunities to youth, experience in ministry and sharing their faith.
Come ADVENTure with us through all the seasons of the Episcopal church year! One weekend filled with Advent Wreaths, Gingerbread Nativities, King’s Cake, Spiritual Gifts, Silent Prayer, The Last Supper, an Easter Egg Hunt, and so much more! (offered in even years)